Prenatal Chiropractor Shawnee
Webster Technique Certified
At Vita Chiropractic it is our goal to make your pregnancy journey as enjoyable as possible. So much change is happening to the body in such a short amount of time that it is crucial to maintain proper spinal alignment. Dr. Zach holds this certification and is advanced trained to care for planning/preconception, expecting, and postpartum mothers.
The Webster technique is a specific chiropractic analysis and adjustment that reduces interference to the nervous system and balances maternal pelvic muscles and ligaments. This allows for optimal uterine function and allows for a more comfortable birth. When the pelvis and sacrum shift out of alignment it can lead to tension on the ligaments and nerve supply to the uterus, causing discomfort and spasm. Proper pelvis and sacrum alignment for mom, allows for proper function of the ligaments and uterus to allow the baby more comfort and room to assume the proper birth positioning . Following the birth, chiropractic adjustments can help to correct distortion of the pelvis, restore energy, and healthy body function.
Chiropractic care during preconception promotes regular menstrual cycles and optimal uterine function. During this preconception period, it is vital to ensure proper nervous system function. Every cell, muscle, tissue, and organ (even your reproductive system!) takes instruction from your nervous system which is make up of your brain, spinal cord, and all your nerves. Restoring proper nerve supply to the reproductive system has helped many couples who thought they were infertile.
CHIROPRACTIC CARE DURING PREGNANCY
Some benefits of Chiropractic Care during pregnancy may include:
- Can help aid in symptoms of nausea
- Provide relief of back, neck, and joint pain.
- Faster postpartum recovery
- Fewer need for medical interventions such as C-section or induction
- Can help maintain a healthier pregnancy by aiding in allowing baby to assume a more comfortable birth position.
- Alleviate sciatic nerve pain
- Can reduce labor and delivery times by balancing the pelvis, including the surrounding muscles and ligaments, preparing for an easier pregnancy and birth canal.
- Infant has more space in utero for development
POST-PARTUM Chiropractic CARE
In the following weeks after labor and delivery, the ligaments that loosened during pregnancy begin to tighten again. Some benefits of Post-Partum Chiropractic Care may include:
- Correcting posture can increase comfort allowing for better sleep.
- Allow for faster pelvic floor recovery
- Alleviate sciatic nerve pain
- Prevent poor posture from looking down at new baby and during feeding.
After giving birth mothers and fathers are looking down at their new baby more often which causes strain on the neck muscles and can cause rounding of the shoulders putting tension on the upper and mid back. As mothers begin nursing their developing newborn babies, it is common for them to develop pain between the shoulder blades, this upper back, and even numbness or tingling down the arms as a result from the nursing position. By seeking care after birth both parents can aid in the prevention of common symptoms such as back, and neck pains. If you are planning to have more children, post-partum chiropractic care is vital to help heal your body properly. Future pregnancies deserve a strong foundation and a healthy start!
Ready to book your appointment?
We would love to help guide you during your pregnancy. To book an new patient evaluation, please fill out the information to the right and select an available appointment time. Our team will contact you to confirm availability. We look forward to serving you!